What Canoe????

Home Forums About Canoes What Canoe????

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    OneBadApple
    Participant

you have shirts i luv it YOU GO GIRL!!!!! i have only seen the tiger stripe on i think the red rock site not on the water my lil woman and i picked up our 98 kipawa last july for 500.00 used i think we got a steal cuz we aint had nothing but a blast paddlin since we got it….just finished customizin a old shorelander boat trailer we picked up for next to nothin with a couple drill/bolted down treated 4×4’s now we need one more canoe so our friends and family can join us for some party%^*& opps i mean paddling time here on the huron river this summer….if you happen to look at the photo gallerys here on canoeing .com we also paddle with that paddle palooza gang (sister and BIL) wild bunch they are lol in indian river mi on the sturgeon and the newy tried by us pigeon river I just freekin love canoeing since we finaly got ours last year…hope yall have a great and safe 2008 season there paddletramp:cool:
    OBA

houlibar
    Participant

Hi paddletramp! Welcome and thanks for joining us! I’ve never seen or heard of a tiger stripe canoe. Post a photo of yours sometime with the sun shining through. Sure sounds pretty!

paddletramp1818
    Participant

Here is a close-up pic of my Souris River canoe with the tiger stripes…it is upside down on the T-bar of my truck. Can’t wait to get the canoe out of the garage and into the water. I like Winter and the things it has to offer…but I gotta admit…it is starting to wear on me.

houlibar
    Participant

Beautiful canoe, Deb! Thanks for posting the photo. 🙂

bushgirl
    Participant

ooh… shiny =)

paddletramp1818
    Participant

Not so shiny any more…that pic was from the first day I bought it. Now it is full of beautiful scratches from many memory making trips!

Bushman
    Participant

OBA it’s been a while, @ this exact moment I am so ready to paddle I could just about wet myself thinking about it =)

Just may be in the market for a new steed myself, The Old Towns have been great as you know but we have paddled them for years now & due for maybe a upgrade for Captan Morgan & myself. You had a guy lined up wanting to swing a deal on the Bell canoes….. Is that still going?

Really hope to get the paddle wet in a couple/few weeks here, The Sturgeon should be fun with the spring melt-off:D

carbritkye
    Participant

We have been paddling a Wenonah Aura roylex canoe and it has served us very well. but it has become too heavy for claude (my husband) to carry at 65 pounds. really the canoe is not any heavier he has just gotten older, LOL. So we purchased a Blue water saugeen this past weekend:D. can’t wait to get it out on the water.

paddletramp1818
    Participant

It is great you have a new canoe to try out…and I am sure I am speaking for many of us….that Spring has just got to get here so we can get out paddling! I live in Minnesota and it snowed the last 3 days and I am just about ready to throw myself off my deck and end it all if Spring doesn’t get here soon!

O.K….I won’t really throw myself off the deck…but seriously….I can’t wait to get the canoe out of the garage and onto a body of water!

sufucanoe
    Participant

~Hi All!

Figured I’d chime in instead of being a lookie lou(sp?). 🙂 I’ve been canoeing the Sioux River in SD for about 7 years. Just started getting back into it heavily in the past year when I acquired my father’s canoe. Now I don’t have to look for someone else with a canoe anytime i get the bug! I ride a 14′ Rogue River. It gets the job done and I’m really itching to venture out on a weekend trip from Sufu to Canton, SD. Should be a nice relaxing weekend trip when I get around to it. Can’t wait for my son to be big enough to be my canoeing buddy.

my buddy dave on my canoe, and buddy john on 2nd canoe 🙂

111.jpg

paddletothesea
    Participant

I live out west so the rivers are very rocky compared to other places. When i paddle tandem I use a Mad River Explorer Royalex with a full spray skirt. The boat handles well in rougher water and holds plenty of gear.
    When paddling solo I use a Kruger Sea Wind which is a deck expedition canoe…sort of a combo sea kayak/canoe. This boat is wonderful, carries a lot of gear, very sea worthy, comfort level is the most of any boat I’ve paddled and its the toughest production canoe made with 12 layers of kevlar. I do more solo paddling than tandem so this boat gets used the most. If I could figure out how to attach pictures I would.
    p2c

Outdoorsman5953
    Participant

New member here so I thought I would tell you about my canoes and then ask a question. Most of my paddling is solo. I curently have 2 boats and a new one ordered. The new one on order is a Hemlock Peregrine solo boat in Premium+ lay-up. I also have a Wenonah Vagabond (solo) in Royalex (my knock around fishing boat) and an Old Town Penobscot 16 in Royalex (my tandem at the moment!). I recently soon to be replaced by the Peregrine). I am looking forward (impatiently) for the new Peregrine.

Now my question. I want to replace my Penobscot with a different, lighter tandem. I plan to use it primarily for flatwater tripping (never more than Class I moving water – I portage all others). I want light weight for portages, speed and glide, decent hauling capacity (capable of handling a week long trip for 2), good handling in wind and waves, and good construction. I plan on keeping this boat for a long time! If you could buy any canoe for this purpose what would you purchase and why?

Outdoorsman5953
    Participant

I meant to say I had recently sold a Bell Magic(kev light lay-up to be replaced by the Hemlock Peregrine. I am anxiously awaiting any advice on a new tandem.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare