Opinions on the MEC Apollo Tent

Home Forums Gear for the trip Opinions on the MEC Apollo Tent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tripper
    Participant

I ordered the MEC Apollo Tent tent online last week as a birthday present to myself. It had the footprint size I was after and looked like a good all-around tent.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442621075&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302702837&bmUID=1188242220928

Just curious if anyone here has had any experience with it, or just checked the tent out online and had any opinions they’d like to share?

I could have bought a smaller one-man tent but I needed the extra room for family trips. Usually it’s my wife and the kids in the tent, me outside under a MEC Guide tarp.

Thanks for any feedback you can supply.

Dave

houlibar
    Participant

The MEC three man tent looks pretty roomy and looks like it’s designed to handle the wind fairly well. I have a Sierra Designs ‘Pleasure Dome’ three man tent. In my opinion, the dome style tents are superior to the ‘pup tent’ style for everything except perhaps solo backbacking. Because they give you room to stand part way up and they make a perfect 2 man tent with room for your gear.

I am just curious though, since I am just a casual paddler… before I get into it too deep, is there anything I should know about paddling that requires any different sleeping style? :p

MEC wrote:
    A super lightweight, surprisingly spacious shelter for three backpackers or cyclists. Even paddlers should find it sleeps them in the style to which they are accustomed.
    Preacher
    Participant

It looks like a fine and roomy summer tent. Not my taste, like you I’m usually found under the tarp.

Daniel Obrian
    Participant

Hi. This is a very roomy tent, but I love outdoor camping and prefer tents that have a place to set up my camping hammock. Tell me if there are such options and if this one is suitable https://easthillsoutdoors.com/collections/hammock/products/jungle-explorer-double-camping-hammock-withbug-net-and-tree-straps-blue from mosquito netting and other insects.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare