What Canoe????

Home Forums About Canoes What Canoe????

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    canuckcamper
    Participant

@canuckcamper 228 wrote:

Just testing the img thing ……

sunset.jpg

Kirk

Still cant use the edit function….another test

Preacher
    Participant

Nice shot, Kirk.

OneBadApple
    Participant

very nice indeed…

Jackcramer
    Participant

I paddle a Kruger Seawind.

Dave-S
    Participant

We have two canoes. The first was a birthday present to my wife from her parents about a dozen years ago. A 17 foot Old Town Penobscot. That thing has done countless BWCA trips including two moose hunts. It sure does take abuse and just trucks right along.

The second is a canoe built for my by my dad, Dan Strootman. It is his 18 foot model. Wood canvas. It is a heavy boat but it paddles oh so nice. I paddled it in the BWCA again this summer and it routinely handled me, one or two of my kids AND my dog AND gear.

I’ll try to find a pic of it on our computer to show it off.

Dave-S
    Participant

Here’s my 18′ Dann-Craft with me, my daughter Sammy and dog on Rose lake in the BWCA.

summer069.jpg

Brammy
    Participant

OneBadApple,

I can not comment of the model of canoe, but I can say Swift’s expiditoin kevlar is robustly built, light and very tough.

Bob.

canuckcamper
    Participant

Very nice boat Dave….

houlibar
    Participant

@canuckcamper 418 wrote:

Very nice boat Dave….

I’ll have to second that… very nice looking boat indeed! 😎

Preacher
    Participant

Nice boat!

OneBadApple
    Participant

dave s. yes sir i concur with the rest of these fellas that 18 footer is bad to the bone!!!!!
    brammy thanx for the second on my expedition kevlar bein tough enuff….
    its funny we bought the kipawa in trenton mi and when we went to look at it i had no idea what a swift kevlar canoe was well its butt ugly in a chic color powder blue but after already putting 14 shorter than one full day paddles on her we have broke in the hull as now it has the squigly lines of a city road map on the bottom!!!! and all is well with it come to think of it as tough as its turned out to be we feel like we got the deal of the day @ 500.00 for it with all the fun we’ve had..now looking at it i believe it when the guy said its only been camping twice and paddled on small lakes…
    oba

Dan L
    Participant

Hi Dave S,

Yes, folks, Dave’s dad does nice work.

Dave, isn’t his 18 ft’ers the White Guide? It’s been a while so I’m not sure. Either way, nice boats.

Dan L

paddletramp1818
    Participant

This is officially my first post on the forums.

I proudly paddle a 16′ Souris River Red Tiger Kevlar canoe. Small enough for me to solo paddle and car-top by myself, but big enough for my friend and I to take our Boundary Waters trips in. I bought it a year and a half ago…and I still think that buying a canoe is the best decision I have ever made.

OneBadApple
    Participant

paddletramp1818:D cool handle, nice canoe and i’ll bet that tiger is sweet!!!!
    OBA

paddletramp1818
    Participant

Thanks bad apple… my handle started out as a joke….then a friend of mine made me a t-shirt that said Paddletramp…and now it’s my email address too!

And the tiger is pretty cool…when I went to buy it (I purchased it in Ely, Minnesota) I was going to get the same version of the canoe but without the Tiger Stripes because they cost extra (they are these cool black pin-stripes imbedded into the red kevlar), but the weekend I bought it was a Festival weekend, and they had a promotion that you could upgrade to the Tiger version for free. They have nothing to do with the performance of the canoe of course, but it sure looks cool when the sun shines through it!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare