Jumping from ccr?

Home Forums Advanced Paddlers Jumping from ccr?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Watersong
    Participant

Hello all !

Watersong
    Participant

Hello all! Fancy meeting you here!

mykel
    Participant

good day.
    looks like lots of familiar names swimming in a different pond.

michael

Tripper
    Participant

I’m not jumping ship. Just trying out a new boat. And you can’t have enough canoes, right?

CCR is my first home on the net for wilderness canoeing related info. I first joined in 2002 and have enjoyed the stay. But it’s getting really cluttered with spam. My son Chris (Canoe Kid) won’t visit it anymore.

Sad really, when a 15 year old will not visit a site he once loved.

Yea, CCR has had its off-topic moments, but I enjoyed the fireside chats. If not to post on them, at least to read. No one forces a person to reply to anything.

Like a cottage that never gets used, the hornets, bees, and birds are starting to take it over. It won’t be long before it becomes devoured by the weeds and weather and no longer functions any more. And for me, that will be a sad day and a great loss to the wilderness canoeing community. So much info lost like a portage forgotten and overgrown.

So here I am, another visitor. Hoping for something better.

Dave

Hillbilly
    Participant

Hi y’all,
    There are many familiar names here. I too am not jumping from CCR but just adding to my site list to visit daily.
    For the non CCR folks my name is Bill and I live in Brampton, Ontario and canoe in the Temagami Area north of North Bay and Sturgeon Falls, Ont. I am an American born in West Virginia and married a Canadian 30yrs the Nov. and have lived in Canada since. I guess that makes me almost more Canadian than American. I lived in the U.S. 27 years and Canada 30. I love canoeing. If anyone has any questions about canoeing in the Temagami area let me know and I will try to help.

If anyone has the time we would love to see you at the Changing of the Seasons Ceremony. It is an Ojibway Ceremony to celebrate the changing of the seasons from summer to fall. The below links has all the info.

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?t=21819&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.myccr.com/SectionForums/viewtopic.php?t=25063&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Bill

canuckcamper
    Participant

Hey kids….not jumping ship…just tryin to bring the property value down πŸ™‚

Kirk

pknoerr
    Participant

Barry, Jerry, Andy, Fly/Preacher, Pake, Chuck, several Daves, and others,

Yeah boys, I’ve been looking around here as well. Good stuff. Better than some sites, will take some time to develop a following. But doesn’t have all the cool Canadian Tripping stuff yet, and lacks the spirited discussions. Funny how much you can learn about people from them….

We’ll have to see where this goes….

PK

Preacher
    Participant

Count me as a Dave too! We’re everywhere, even in disguise. πŸ˜‰

pknoerr
    Participant

“These are the Dave’s I know, I know, I know” Bruce McCollough kills me with how relevant the lyrics are… Even in paddling circles. πŸ™‚

PK

pknoerr
    Participant

Damn, it I just realized it was Bruce McCollucgh that sang that, and found out that Edit doesn’t work either!!!

πŸ™

PK

Boneli
    Participant

Here’s to paddling in circles PK! Were not jumping just enjoying. Your right about the spirited comment. Character develops over time. Interesting to have a knowledge base on the upper Midwest in addition to our paddling colleagues knowledge base across the border.

scoutergriz
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve been checking out this site too- If we keep going, I’m sure we there’ll be lots of canadian content soon:)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare