Jumping from ccr?

Home Forums Advanced Paddlers Jumping from ccr?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Jerry R.
    Participant

I recognize quite a few names here!

I think this site it top notch.
    Chuck you don’t even have to delete spam!

Quetico on Saturday! 10 days can’t wait!!
    Barry, I’ll make sure Chuck takes a picture of me and the 5 lb Bass I’m sure to catch.

J

Boneli
    Participant

Actually, if you can get pictures of the pictos with their respective lakes I would appreciate that. I am working on a special project for Quetico history.

Thanks and have a great trip.

Remember the fall trip!:cool: Part of this will collect some more pictures.

Barry

Jerry R.
    Participant

We’ll do our best B. Chuck is going to be official trip photographer, since Emily toasted my camera.

We won’t make the Darky ones because our shuttle driver’s work schedule changed, so we have a loop trip going.

We’ll make sure we get the Quetico lake ones.

J

pake rick
    Participant

Hey Jer! I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! Keep Chuck under control if you can. Greet Dave from me. We’ll see you in October. I’m workin on some recipes. 🙂

r

tncook
    Participant

on CCR. I always welcome another site to distract me from doing work.

AndyB
    Participant

Jerry, I opted to avoid my paddlenorth moniker and be a little less anonymous.

CCR attracts way to many serious canoe trippers to leave just yet – I just hope a well managed site like this one could eventually do the same.

I drove through Solway again this summer. The last few times I’ve driven through I look down the streets for a canoe – wondering if you’re around – but I’ve yet to see one.
    (My father-in-law originally is from Winger).

I’ve seen nearly all the BWCAW/Quetico pictos – but haven’t seen the caribou on Montgomery Creek. I tried once, but decided it would take more time than I had available.

Preacher
    Participant

Nice site here. One more for the list. ccr is just another place on the list, each has its pros/cons.

Jerry R.
    Participant

CCR is still a good place, just very inconsistant in logging in posting and the like. It’s the spam!!

Andy, where is Montgomery Creek in the Quetico?

As for Solway. First county road west of town, look to the north and you can’t miss us! Big red barn ya know.

J

AndyB
    Participant

@Jerry R. 58 wrote:

Andy, where is Montgomery Creek in the Quetico?

Just east of Shelly Lake is Montgomery. There’s a creek that drains into the lake, and a ways up the creek is a caribou picto. (Discovered in the winter – maybe in the 80’s). I spent an hour going up the creek in the summer, and decided that it was more like a half day trip to the picto and turned around (was in a group). I think the only other caribou is on Quetico Lake.

(I haven’t seen the Mackenzie Lake pictos either – some day).

If you haven’t already, ‘Reading Rock Art’ by Rajnovich is a must.

AndyLee
    Participant

@AndyB 60 wrote:

If you haven’t already, ‘Reading Rock Art’ by Rajnovich is a must.

Another excellent title is “Magic on the Rocks” by Michael Furtman.

mark the splasher
    Participant

@Preacher 57 wrote:

Nice site here. One more for the list. ccr is just another place on the list, each has its pros/cons.

All true Preacher but I do prefer broader discussion than what you get on OAC or solopaddling with the more intimate discussion, (exactly what some don’t like I know). This is the best of all worlds isn’t it – differences instead of the same makes them all good, not really in competition. This site is just beautiful though and I love the little added features, like the calender and the quick links to most manufacturers – outstanding.:D

SWIFT
    Participant

I wouldn’t say I am “jumping”.

I will never leave CCR. But I won’t be limited to it. I like checking out other sites and resources. I am very new here. I like what I see so far. But I think for Ontario paddling information, CCR is the first choice (admittedly “for now”).

Jerry R.
    Participant

I’d have to say I’m not jumping ship either, but it’s a matter of time before ccr does die, unless Richard sells or takes and active interest again. On the selling end, I’m afraid most of his value has slipped away because of the lack of attention.

It’s a matter of time before the moderators give up completely and the spam completely overwhelms the site. It’s truely a shame, but nothing ever stays the same, and we all move on.

Furtmans book is a good one.
    Andy, I’ll have to look up “Reading Rock Art”.

I’ll get to see the Quetico lake pictos on this trip. I’ve long wanted to see them. Last trip it was the ones at Darky, they are awesome too.

Lac La Croix’s site is a great one too, but too many boats zooming by for my taste anymore.

J

Canadienne
    Participant

I do not frequent the CCR site, I have browsed, but was not a participating member. I do occasionally post on a few other canoeing sites, but they seem to be overwhelmed with persons who believe they either know it all or act like they do.

And it seems like most of them are casual BW trippers who tote large amount of luxurious items in search of the most comfortable camping experience.

I am hoping this is a place that can be kept to canoeing related talk discussed in a civil manner.

Jerry R.
    Participant

Well, I hope this site develops a personality all it own.
    Civility would be nice. CCR had it’s knock down drag outs, but usually cooler heads prevailed, and started the thread in a much more constructive direction, like beer, or the Vikings beating the Bears or the Packers!! (door open here).

As for know it alls. I haven’t seen Cliff sign up yet. (rim shot here.) No, Cliff knows tons of stuff, it’s just the way that he lets you know, that he knows, that bothers me.

I can let the flames die out while I’m in the Quetico over the next ten days.

J

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare