Gear you ALWAYS take with you?

Home Forums Gear for the trip Gear you ALWAYS take with you?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Boneli
    Participant

Rick, I have a new reel in replacement for the one which the handle broke trying to bring in that lake trout last year on Lac La Croix. We’ll make sure we have fish this year. Going though the Falls Chain should provide plenty of fish and with the fresh lemons on the side, we’ll be eating like kings. As for the 750mm gear, I think Jerry is short changing himself again. To bad! I found the Irish mini’s on sale and picked up a four pack for the fall. Someone mentioned Jack, “Yukon Jack is a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm.” This will be true this coming fall. As for gear I like to bring, an insulated stainless mug is pretty high on the list along with my SS French press constructed the same. A reflector oven is fun too especially for baking.

Barry

OneBadApple
    Participant

my skull & crossbonez “surrender the booty” can huggy..
    and my 5 liter clear dry bag with my fixed blade small bush knife browning folding saw,deep woods off, 2aa small flashlight wrapped with spare duct tape,and a small tube of icy hot menthol cream to remove any unwanted suckers!!! besides that im still in the learning process and always looking for ideas…very good post
    thanx
    OBA

Preacher
    Participant

Coffee is a must. I don’t care how it’s made just so long as it’s hot and in good supply.

OneBadApple
    Participant

i would think you intellect canoeist pro’s would consider coffee a food and beverage… not gear(well other than the presses) i guess yall pretty serious about that hot dark water…not enuff 2holers on the shores for oba to drink that much java…. 😀 can’t be humpin up round every corner:eek:

SWIFT
    Participant

I strangely put this “reply” in another thread, so I’ll paste it here. (Because you know it’s soooo important, and I am soooo relevant.)

“Always bring”??

I do the finger count, standing outside my truck, before leaving the driveway.

I have…tent…poles for tent…sleeping bag…food…stove to cook food…fuel to use stove…boat…paddle to move the boat..pfd to be safe in that boat…I’ll survive

There are more “things I always bring” but I could live with out them, as long as I got the basics.

Oh yeah and BEER!

pknoerr
    Participant

I’ve seen this thread time and again, and the more I think about this, the less I realize that I bring on every trip. Packing for a trip is dependent on where the trip is, when the trip is, who you do it with, what kind of trip it is. I guess I always bring a canoe, paddles, sleeping bag, and a tent. But I have a couple of each of these and sometimes it’s one, and sometimes it’s another. Ultimately, I doubt that there is any one item that has made it on all the trips in the last even 5 years. Anyways, It’s interesting and has provoked me to spend some time thinking about this, and I can truly say that I don’t think that there is something that I ALWAYS take with me.

PK

Preacher
    Participant

Come on PK, not even a favourite pair of Camping Undies?

OneBadApple
    Participant

a must for all them “wild womens” here on the michigan rivers during the summer weekends!!!!!!:D
    *please note ths was just posted for a chuckle as it is monday one of the most dreaded days of the workweek!!!
    oba

pknoerr
    Participant

@Preacher 319 wrote:

Come on PK, not even a favourite pair of Camping Undies?

Nah, I avoid bringing them!! It keeps all the canoeing ladies wanting to touch my @$$.

Actually, I had a famous pair of port shoes that was making a bid to have made 7-8 years of wilderness trips, until I finally found their replacements.

So I stand by my assertion… I don’t think I’ve brounght any singe piece of gear on every multi day trip in the last 10 years.

PK

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare