nucanoe transport

Home Forums About Canoes nucanoe transport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    georgianut
    Participant

I’m getting ready to purchase a 12′ NuCanoe that my wife and I will use for fishing and recreational paddling. I’ve got a 2003 Honda CRV that I will have a Thule basic rooftop system on, but am interested in any thoughts about how it should be carried…upside down or right-side up? As we are both 62, we want to make the loading as easy as possible…even if only one of us is taking it out…and are trying to determine the best “load assist” system to put on the Thule rack without spending a fortune. Any thoughts?

WillisB
    Participant

The NuCanoe website says to place it upside down of the bars with the bow forward, then tie it down.

I don’t know about any easy load systems. Perhaps someone else will have ideas. The 12′ boat weighs 77 lbs. You each need to be able to lift 40′ over your head to get it on the rack the normal way.

Good luck!

WillisB
    Participant

Here is a product from Thule that will work. The bar extends from the rack, you place one end of the boat on the bar and then swing the other end up on the rack. Slide the boat over and push in the bar.

http://www.thule.com/en/US/Products/Watersports/WatersportCarriers/16192.aspx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare