Frost River

Home Forums Gear for the trip Frost River

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OneBadApple
    Participant

ok i’ve been up/down all around the new pack section here and have my heart set on a frost river timber cruiser with basket pack included for 287.00 my plans for it are multi purpose camping,hunting,and the basket will be nice for ice fishing,morel hunting,berry pickin and someday i might find time to include the canoe tripping thingy Now ive already gotten some super advice from a fellow canoeing.comer via PM’s but ifn yall have any other ideas out there please chime in….
    oh yeh and if anybody knows where the granite gear stuff is made please let me know….
    i also think that the solo portage pack would be sweet just not big on the color i’d buy one if it were sage, olive green, brown,tan just have my doubts how well the wrought iron would look in the hunting woods lol from the dude who paddles a powder blue canoe 😀 (what were they thinking when they made that one i’ll never know) but i bought it used,cheap and it floats actually quit well….
    thanks
    OBA
    ps someday i’ll have a green canoe!!!!

woodtick
    Participant

I was out Christmas shopping yesterday and I looked over the Frost River packs at Gander MTN. They didn’t have the pack basket one but they had others and they look to be every bit as well made as my Duluth packs. I was also at Duluth pack and happened to look over their pack basket packs. If I had a fire and lost all of my packs I would seriously consider getting one. I usually stick a piece of 1/4″ plywood in my equipment pack to keep equipment from finding a way to poke me in the back as it is carried. The pack basket is a more elegant way of preventing this. I would use a plastic liner inside the basket.
    I believe that Granite Gear is made in Two Harbours, MN.which is about 15-20 miles up the shore from Duluth. My son-in law will only purchase Granite gear packs and I have only Duluth so you can imagine the discussions as to the merits of each when we camp.
    Merry Christmas;
    Woodtick

OneBadApple
    Participant

woodtick thanks for the reply!!! too funny about the son in law yup i can imagin hehe, well after you say that i’d better look at a portage pack before buying unless i do go with a basket style the plywood and back rubbin doesnt sound like a good deal if im mostly carrying rattlin antlers,all day long hunting nessesities and such( thermos, food, xxl coveralls,and if way back in the michigamme resevour cedar swamps too far a whole bunch of venison parts:eek:
    boy maybe i better shell out the funds for that badlands 4500!?!?
    well i have time to figure out what im gonna end up doing i do know my old pack strap army duffle bag has seen better dayz…and not been to ruff on the old back…oh but them them darn use-less shoulder straps…
    thanx
    OBA

kcanoe
    Keymaster

I know this is an old thread, but just wondering what pack you went with?

kcanoe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare