A 16 Day Father / Son Canoe Trip into Woodland Caribou

Home Forums Woodland Caribou Provincial Park A 16 Day Father / Son Canoe Trip into Woodland Caribou

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vern.dewit
    Participant

My son and I completed a 16 day adventure in WCPP back in July. We started and finished at Onnie and went as far as Haven and Mexican Hat to the west and Upper Hatchet and Embryo to the north.

My trip report is at http://www.explor8ion.com/canoe/woodland-caribou-2016.html and includes maps, video and tons of pics. Enjoy!

mondo
    Participant

Awesome trip report and videos!! Glad you had a great time and that your foot hung in there. WCPP is a special place.

I just completed a nine day trip with my son out of the Lund lake access. Like you, we saw very few people and caught a ton of fish. I did a similar trip as you the year before with my boy, and we camped in a lot of the same spots. Brought back a ton of great memories. Hopefully looking to do a trip similar in length next summer that you just completed. Nine days is not nearly enough.

I liked your report a lot because you did cover some ground that I want to explore next summer (Haven, Cyclops, Jigsaw, Wrist) so thank you for providing such great detail.

You have a great attitude and there is nothing like having a teenager trapped with you in the wilderness with no distractions. It is precious time and provides a lifetime of impact for all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare