New! Check out Portage Packs…

Home Forums Gear for the trip New! Check out Portage Packs…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kcanoe
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that we’ve added another section to the ever-growing Gear Guide, covering all of the Portage Packs we can find online — from traditional pack basket to high-tech barrels and dry bags. Please check it out and let us know what you think!

Go to Portage Packs >

-kcanoe

kayamedic
    Participant

The link to the Traditional 2 Cooke Custom Sewing Pack does not work..also the dimensions for the 2 are correct but the volume given is for the 4.

here is a link to the CCS page that shows the 2, 3 , 3 1/2 and 4. Dan has a bunch of sizes.
    http://www.cookecustomsewing.com/traditional.htm

I found some of his others on envelope packs. I have seen all the sizes. All stand up so all should be under traditional

Thats a pile of work you did!

Let me give you more: Under Dry Bags, Outdoor Research, Seattle Sports and (watch out for this one) Sea to Summit (they have coated compression, sil nylon etc. In my local outdoor store there are over three dozen different dry bags by them)

When you get to drybags, you might want to break them out by usage. The PVC ones can be used externally. Some of the coated ones are designed to slide into a pack more easily (the PVC ones are a real pain to compress). Some of the dry bags by Seattle Sports and OR are compression dry bags.

Hmmm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare