best beverage holder??

Home Forums For Beginners best beverage holder??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    OneBadApple
    Participant

i think were gonna go with the ones that bell canoe works sells for 13.00 each they kinda look like a wire basket that will sway with the canoe also say that the huggy will fit in it..if anybody out there has a suggestion of sometype that will work better or if you have a photo of your type of beverage holder please post on up here,heck even if you know of a website were drink holders are available for canoes lemme know
    thanx oba

Tripper
    Participant

I made my own beverage containers. Just took a few bean tin cans, poked a couple of holes in the top edge, added some bent up coat hanger wire and “poof”, a beverage container that hangs from the gunwhales.

I also poked some holes in the bottom of the can to let any water escape. Even painted them up too!

Arts and crafts at it’s finest.

Dave

OneBadApple
    Participant

πŸ˜€
    now that info is the type of info i was looking for… thank you much for posting it
    oba

Tripper
    Participant

Glad you liked the idea OBA.

Sure is a lot cheaper that buying one.

Dave

Jerry R.
    Participant

I happen to think the best beverage container holder happens to be my hand.

However, when my hands are full and I find myself in need of another alternative the above mentioned ideas sound good.

J

OneBadApple
    Participant

πŸ˜€ big j when she get home and read your answer she’ll say a man after my own heart hehe why you think i have such a hard time going straight?? she ain’t paddlin shes slammin… your right she dont need no stinkin drink holder….
    oba

tom-o
    Participant

I don’t know if this picture will come through, but here is the cupholder I use. I drill it into my thwart…Works like a charm…

http://www.canoeing.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6&stc=1&d=1190742171

Scout4
    Participant

I took 4″ sections of 4″ PVC, drilled 4, 1/4″ holes near the bottom at 12 o’clock, 3,6, & 9….put 550 cord thru them to create an x….then duck taped a small wood clamp to it. Fits a coozy perfect and can clamp onto gunwale, yoke, wherever you want to put them! This was over ten years ago and they still work great! I shoulda patented them! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare