upper west branch penobscot river, ME

Home Forums Destinations & Routes upper west branch penobscot river, ME

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rick Beaty
    Participant

finally put up the last of the trip report, what a beautiful place! You must give Maine its Due!

pics and musings

Beaverjack
    Participant

What’s the traffic on the river like? Good camping? Is there plenty of wildlife? Where did you start and end and how long did your trip take? Is there a reliable outfitter available to shuttle? We’re looking for a river in ME to do next year.

kcanoe
    Keymaster

awesome! So inspiring, thanks for sharing Rick! (And book us a trip to Maine…)

Rick Beaty
    Participant

Theres plenty of camping and the sites are well maintained. They all have picnic tables and outhouses. they are only accessible by canoe which is great. the Nob can be don’t from lobster lake to Chesuncook in 3 nights. We chose to make it five. it was well worth it. there are several outfitters that can hook you up. there are so many, take your pick, Im sure they will all satisfy. Theres not as much wildlife as on the Allagash, which is a must do if you’ve never canoed maine. The Allagash will blow you away, (more moose than people). scroll down enough and you’ll see a trip report on the Allagash on http://crookedblueline.blogspot.com

JamesJX
    Participant

What’s the movement on the waterway like? Great outdoors? Is there a lot of untamed life? Where did you begin and end and to what extent did your trek take? Is there a dependable supplier accessible to shuttle? We’re searching for a stream in ME to do one year from now.

Pilobil99
    Participant

Wonderful. I will also go this summer

georgann42
    Participant

Thank you so much for sharing this info. Will go up there in October.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare