Paddling 1000 consecutive miles to cure diabetes Tennessee & Tombigbee rivers

Home Forums Destinations & Routes Paddling 1000 consecutive miles to cure diabetes Tennessee & Tombigbee rivers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AdventurePete
    Participant

Hey guys, my name is Pete

I’m new to canoeing.com, i just wanted to introduce myself and share my trip with anyone interested.

My roommate (Nolan) and I are canoeing from fontana lake – smokey mountain national park to mobile alabama, the gulf of mexico in effort to raise money for the american diabetes association. Myself and Nolan’s fathers are both type 1 diabetics and we created this trip challenge to honor the challenges they face on a daily basis just to remain alive. Im reaching out to other paddlers to share tips, suggestions, and input on this trip. I really just want to raise awareness and share my adventure with others.

I’m also arranging groups of other paddlers to join us for sections of our trip (a day paddle, or weekend groups) Not only is it going to be awesome meeting so many people with similar inspirations and passions, but it will also increase the expansion of our cause. If you want to be a part of this paddle, i welcome you aboard with open arms. So far we have one group meeting up for the beginning of the route, along the little tennessee river.

Let me know what you guys think. Comments encouraged, inspiration is welcome.

If you want to read more about the trip/challenge and our cause check out our website for the details: http://www.paddletocurediabetes.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60[/ATTACH] Nolan and I with our fathers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Canoeing.com
Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare